I start college again on monday and once again I can't have a new bag because my mother is paying for my brother's rent, because he can't pay for it himself with the money he got working this summer, oh no, that would be awful, suggesting that he pay for something himself. My college bag is breaking under the weight of my pads but I'll have to wait, again because my brother is always the priority. I mean, I don't mind coming second to his majesty, but everyone at my college is so...pretentious. You wouldn't even think it because of where it is, but everyone expects people to have a whole new wardrobe everytime we come back from a holiday and a new bag and new shoes and I'm not rich enough to keep up with everyone's expectations. There aren't even any decent bags in charity shops, so its not like I can get a new one from there because they aren't big enough or strong enough or they're breaking. Normally it wouldn't get to me, being late getting what I need, because I'm not greedy, I can usually sew my bags back together and they look decent enough until I get a new one, but this one is breaking at the metal, you can't sew metal, unfortunately, so when the handle snaps, it won't be sew-able. I just hope it lasts until I can get a new one. One day, when I'm rich, I'll be able to afford lovely new bags and shoes and clothes for every season. (Yeah right, I'll never be rich, I'm only average) My hair has started growing back from when I pulled it out around exam times, its about ear length now.
He goes away to uni soon. He'll have a different life and he won't even know I exist. Story of my life, he'll remember her of course.
I am low again, about 1. I just want to hug my pillow and fall into a sleep that I don't wake up from. Nothing helps, I have nothing and no one to help. I just hope I don't break my clean streak. I bought lots of plasters though, preparing for the inevitable. There's no point fooling myself into thinking I won't fall back. Bye my Angels <3







I don't know your dad, so it's hard to say, but if it's creeping you out, it's creeping you out. Don't apologize for your feelings.
ReplyDeleteIt could be something creepy, but it could be that he doesn't have any clue how to interact with you. If he didn't raise you he maybe doesn't have those "little girl" associations that we expect from dads where they freak out at the thought of their daughter's becoming women.
Would you be able to tell him, "It's really gross that you keep commenting on my body - I'm your daughter, not somebody you're dating."? He may get pissed off and defend himself, but at least he'd know it's not right. But if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt - Have you ever seen him interact with women when you're out? Does he comment on their bodies, or talk inappropriately about them? It could just be how he is & he just sees you as another chick (not great, but at least not incestuous). And maybe taking you to bars might be the only way he knows to connect with you.
It sounds like he has not been a great dad at all, so I don't think anybody could blame you for cutting ties when you're 18 if you want.
I have seen him interact with other women occasionally when we're out and its weird, he acts like a gentleman to them, like, pulling their chairs out and complimenting their hair and cheesy stuff like that, there isn't even a hint of anything sexual usually unless he's slept with them before. I guess since his whole life is about bars and pubs and that is what he does with him time that could be right. Thank you <3
Delete