Thursday, 12 March 2015

Just listen to me.

If a nurse ever listens to me first time when I say that they cannot use this certain vein on my arm that they always try to use then I will literally drop down dead from shock. She tried to use this vein 5 different stabbing times and then she finally listened to me and used the vein I initially told her to and it worked first time. Oh look, do I know my body better than you do nurse? I wonder why that is? I hate how condescending they are, like, I completely understand that they have done hundreds of blood tests in their careers, but that doesn't mean they know which vein in my body is going to let them take the blood and which ones are going to collapse better than I do, I live in my fucking body and have had countless blood tests, I'm pretty knowledgeable on myself, whereas she doesn't even know me, so how would she know better than me on this? Why cant they just get their heads out of their arses and listen to me, just because I don't have a degree in nursing doesn't mean I'm inferior when it comes to my own body. (Rant over) 
 So if you couldn't tell, I had my blood drawn today, it wasn't a fun experience but I was made of sturdier stuff than the guy who got it done before me, he fainted, so tell me again how men are the stronger/braver sex please? Anyone? No.
 I'm hoping my test doesn't indicate that I'm deficient in anything necessary because if it does then these 'relaxed' doctors/counselling sessions are going to change quite quickly to 'you need to do this and this and this and you need to stop this bad behaviour and if you don't we're going to lock you up and throw away the key.'
 I'm not sure my doctor knows how to deal with eating disorders, yesterday she said to me 'you could always just deal with it and accept it as part of your life and move on and live with it.' And I kind of just sat there thinking; are you really supporting this? Do you realise you are condoning my behaviour? Are you sure you meant to say that? I will use this against you next time if you tell me to stop because you said it was okay, are you aware of that? Anyway. Bye my Angels <3

1 comment:

  1. Omg seriously literally same thing happened to me recently for a surgery. I told them not to use a regular iv needle because my veins are thin and previous surgeries they always use small ones...she's uses a regular one anyways and my hand bled and bruised and hurt the whole time...it's super annoying when nurses and doctors do that shit.
    good luck on the blood work

    ReplyDelete