Wednesday, 24 July 2013

'My eyes make me depressed' THAT'S NOT DEPRESSION.

I know a girl who is pretty sad. I'd feel more sorry for her if she wasn't such an attention seeker though. Like, her whole twitter is full of posts about how depressed she is and how she wants to die which could all be very true, I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just saying that I hate the fact she is attention seeking and trying to make people feel sorry for her. No wonder people always say that people with problems are attention seekers if there are people out there posting everything on twitter and making it seem like a joke. Can stereotypes ever really be overcome if there are people out there reinforcing the stereotypes? What really gets to me though is that most of the things she talks about are how she hates how she looks, "I HATE my eyes, they make me so depressed." That is genuinely a tweet of hers. I just cant even put into words how angry that makes me. I hate the fact people think that depression and just feeling sad are the same things. How many people have to rant over it online before people understand that depression is so much worse than just feeling bad about yourself because you couldn't do your eye liner right that day? If these people that posted how 'depressed' they were over silly things actually understood how god-awful depression really is they'd find a different word to use for their bad feelings. It can't just be me who thinks that tweet is irritating and making light out of something serious, surely? 
 In other news, I think I am finally brave enough to get a nipple piercing. It has been on my to-do list for ages but I've never really thought about doing it because I'd somehow decided that it would be unbearable pain and I was too much of a wimp to deal with that. Now that I've really thought about it though I have realised that I am quite good at dealing with pain. I didn't make that big of a scene when I ripped up my arm when I fell off my bike and it trapped my arm under it whilst I went down the hill, I have punctured my leg and made a hole in the bone and that didn't even bother me that much, it was uncomfortable sure but I could deal with it. I dealt with it when the top of my thigh was burnt by the lighter and I didn't even flinch when my belly button was pierced without anything to numb it and she had to fiddle with that needle because it refused to pierce my skin for a second time. I am actually quite a tough cookie. I don't think I'd ever go alone though, just because I don't want to be alone in a room with someone I don't know with my boob out, more a matter of comfort for my mind than being scared. So now I will just have to find someone to go with me, find a place that does it and find the funds. I've never really been one of those people to have many piercings, I only have my ears pierced once and my belly button pierced but its always been one of those piercings I have fancied having so hopefully I won't chicken out when I'm in the room getting it done. I'm at a 1, not great but not the worst I've ever been. Bye my Angels <3

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. Yes. People using "depressed" to mean sad, when some people have clinical depression is infuriating. The same with people who think it can be snapped out of. The "you choose how you feel" people who think it somehow applies to depression too. As if we somehow want to be depressed. You should start responding to her with a suicide hotline number, or links to therapists/counselors until she realizes she's being ridiculous, or gets some help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a good idea, I might do that! Thanks <3

      Delete